Even though treatment for substance use can be helpful, there are many reasons people may not begin or stay in treatment once they start it. The goal of this project is to learn more about those reasons.
WHY SHOULD I JOIN?
We want to hear as many points of view as we can, and your experiences are important! If you are eligible and complete the survey, we will send you a $50 Amazon e-gift card.
WHAT WILL I DO?
All you have to do is participate in a one-time private, confidential survey that will last about one hour. Some things the interview will ask about are:
· Reasons why people chose to go to SUD programs
· Reasons why people drop out of treatment
· What services would be the most helpful in your community
· Experiences in thinking about and/or getting treatment
HOW DO I KNOW IF I CAN PARTICIPATE?
You are eligible if:
· You have not done the survey previously; AND
· You are at least 18 years of age; AND
· You have thought about but have not entered SUD treatment for drugs or alcohol in the past year; and/or
· You entered an SUD program but dropped out within the past year.
HOW DO I KNOW MY INFORMATION WILL BE KEPT PRIVATE?
Nobody will know what you have told us because your name will never be linked to your responses. All of the responses we get will be reported as a group. We plan to interview about 200 adult men and women (ages 18 and older).